I have wonderful recipe to share with you today!
It was a HIT with my family!
Slow-Cooked Beef Minestrone
Servings: 14 cups
ACTIVE TIME: 30 min
TOTAL TIME: 5 - 8 1/2 hours
* 1 pkg (about 1.5 lbs) Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
* Pan Searing Flour
* 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
* 2 cups Cleaned & Cut Soup Vegetables (carrots, celery, squash)
* Salt and pepper
* 32 oz Beef Stock
* 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes
* 3 cups Tomato Sauce
* 1/2 cup dry Ditalini Soup Pasta
* 1 can Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 pkg (6 oz) Baby Spinach
You'll Need: 6-8 qt slow cooker, large braising pan.
1.) Dust beef with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.
2.) Heat oil in large braising pan on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes.
3.) Add beef and sear 10 min until all sides are paper-bag brown.
4.) Transfer beef to slow cooker; don't discard pan drippings.
5.) Add vegetables to pan with beef drippings; season with salt and pepper.
6.) Cook vegetables, stirring, 3 min; add to slow cooker.
7.) Add stock, tomatoes, and sauce to slow cooker.
8.) Cover, cook 4 1/2-6 hours on HIGH or 8-10 hours on LOW.
9.) Add dry pasta & beans 30" before end of cooking on HIGH (45" before on LOW).
10.) Add spinach to slow cooker; stir to blend well. Allow spinach to lightly wilt.
Serve with crusty Italian bread.
Go Ahead and Indulge!