3.21.2011

Mosaic Monday

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked”
-Bernard Meltzer


Happy Monday! I really thought spring had arrived in my neck of the woods - however I was sadly mistaken! Today it is raining and in the 30's, with a chance of snow and below average temperatures for the remainder of the week. Oh well, a girl can dream, can't she? Today's mosaic is of the first thing that pops to mind when I think of spring. Enjoy!

My creation


"It's Spring"
By: Samantha Berger and Pamela Chanko

In April the robin began to sing,
to tell the rabbit it was spring.

The rabbit hopped and thumped his feet,
to tell the deer the air smelled sweet.

The little deer ran with the bunny,
to tell the duck the sky was sunny.

The duck swam off and gave a quack,
to tell the cow, "The leaves are back!"

The cow let out a long moooooo,
to tell the horse that flowers grew.

The horse went trotting down the lane,
to tell the rooster, "Watch for rain!"

The rooster gave a mighty crow,
to tell the mouse, "There's no more snow!"

The mouse just made a tiny peep,
to tell the birds to start to cheep.

Then all the birds began to sing,
to tell the bears, "Wake up it's spring!"


Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!

5 comments:

Sassy&Classy said...

ah Robins!! Very pretty =) I've got 2 robins pecking around in the yard right now so this was perfect.

Amanda said...

robins eggs are so pretty - my brother & i would collect the broken shells from under nests we found in the eaves of a few old sheds that are around my parents property. :)

Kat said...

Aren't they beautiful, like the poem too!

PoetessWug said...

Oh! I love the blue robin eggs...and that poem! :-) Made me smile...even though looking out the window makes me frown. :-[ ...It's snowing!!

Mrs Linee said...

Stunning - love these