"Soup is the song of the hearth... and the home."
-Louis P. De Gouy
Hello! Have a wonderful weekend! If you have a chance to try this recipe you are in for a big surprise... It is wonderful! Enjoy!
Hearty Spanish Soup
Servings: 12 cups
* 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 lb Chorizo sausage, diced
* 1 cup mirepoix (carrots, celery & onion), finely diced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/8 tsp saffron
* 1/2 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
* 32 oz vegetable stock
* 32 oz chicken stock
* 1 can garbanzo beans, drained (reserve liquid)
* 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
* 1/4 lb ham, medium diced
* 1 cup diced, cooked chicken
* 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
* Salt and pepper to taste
1.) Heat oil in large stockpot on medium, until oil faintly smokes.
2.) Add sausage, stir and cook 30 seconds, remove and set aside.
3.) Add mirepoix, stir and cook 2-3 min, until soft but not browned.
4.) Add garlic and cook 1 min.
5.) Mix saffron and rice, stirring to coat rice with oil; cook about 1 min.
6.) Add vegetable stock, chicken stock, and reserved liquid from beans.
7.) Simmer about 10 min, until rice is tender.
8.) Add garbanzo beans, black beans, ham, chicken, and sausage.
9.) Simmer 5 min to blend flavors.
10.) Skim fat from surface of soup.
11.) Stir in cilantro.
12.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
"Between soup and love, the first is better."
-Old Spanish saying
Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!