10.11.2010

Mangia Monday!

"I went into a McDonald’s yesterday and said, ‘I’d like some fries.’ The girl at the counter said, ‘Would you like some fries with that?"
-Jay Leno


Hello! Today I want to share an "appetizer" recipe - although it can be used as an appetizer, we make it and keep it for snacking on a regular basis in our home. It is good for you and very flavorful, my husband and two sons love it with tortilla chips! Enjoy!

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
-Harriet Van Horne



Mukimame Dip
Servings: 2 1/4 cups

Ingredients:
* 1 pkg Frozen soybeans (edamame), thawed
* 2 cup green salsa
* 1/2 tsp salt
* Tortilla Chips

Equipment Needed:
*Food processor or blender.

Directions:
1.) Puree soybeans about 3 minutes.
2.) Add salsa and puree until smooth.
3.) Transfer mixture to serving bowl.
4.) Serve with tortilla chips.

"Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly."
-F. K. Fisher


Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

How unique! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that one day.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Sounds yummy :)
Robin!

Jeannie said...

Wow, I just started reading your blog...I love it! And I'm stealing some of your recipes :)