Are you hungry?
Well, you will be after reading this post!
Caprese Mushroom Melts
(adapted from Italian food forever)
* 4 Large Portobello Mushroom Caps (all the same size)
* 1 Large Ripe Tomato, Sliced (similar size to the mushrooms)
* 4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
* 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
* 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 4 Tablespoons Marinated Artichoke Hearts (minced)
* Fresh Basil Sprigs As Garnish
1.) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.) Cut off the stems of each mushroom.
3.) Gently wipe the mushroom caps with a dry paper towel.
4.) Mix together the balsamic vinegar, 4 T. olive oil and minced artichokes.
5.) Place the caps on a lightly oiled baking sheet
6.) Brush each cap lightly with 1 T. olive oil.
7.) Bake the caps for about 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
8.) Place tomato slices on top of each mushroom cap.
9.) Top with vinegar, oil and artichoke mixture & bake an additional 10 minutes.
10.) Top each mushroom with cheese and bake until melted.
11.) Garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
12.) Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Olive Oil Dip
Makes 1 Cup
* 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
* 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
* 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
* 2 Minced Fresh Garlic Cloves
* 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
* 1 Tablespoon Sun-dried Tomatoes, Finely Chopped (Optional)
* Slices of Crusty Italian Bread
1.) Mix all the ingredients together.
2.) Let mixture sit for about an least an hour before serving.
3.) Serve in a shallow bowl.
4.) Dip bread into mixture and enjoy.
Have a great day and until tomorrow:
Go Ahead and Indulge!