“Wine is bottled poetry.”
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hello! I know it is not summer, but I am so ready for the sunshine, warmth and cookouts, that I could not resist posting this recipe. I love red wine sangria, but this recipe for a white wine version is very refreshing and sure to be enjoyed by all. I have included the directions to make it non-alcoholic as well. Enjoy!
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 6 medium peaches, pit removed, wedged
* 2 pineapples; cored, cut in thick rings then cubed
* 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
* 6 limes, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch rounds
* 3 bottles fruity white wine (Riesling, Vouvray, Gewurztraminer)
* 1 cup Grand Marnier
* 1-1/2 cups light rum
* 1 liter sparkling unflavored water
* 1 pint raspberries
1.) Heat water and sugar in saucepan over medium until sugar dissolves, about 2 min.
2.) Place peaches, pineapple, mango, and limes in large punch bowl.
3.) Add liquor and sugar water mixture to fruit & chill at least 2 hours.
4.) Add sparkling water, garnish with raspberries.
5.) Fill tumblers 1/3 way up with ice.
6.) Ladle in sangria and serve immediately.
(For a non-alcoholic version eliminate wine, Grand Marnier, rum, and sugar water mixture. Substitute with 4 quarts White Grape-Peach Juice.)
"Summer is a promissory note signed in June, its long days spent and gone before you know it, and due to be repaid next January."