"A perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one. And it would not be a wasted life."
-The Last Samurai
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was very nice - I actually relaxed somewhat! Today's mosaic is of Cherry Blossoms which are one of my favorite blossoms/trees. Hydrangeas are the only flower that I like better! Enjoy!
Cherry Blossom Facts:
* A cherry blossom is the flower of the cherry trees known as Sakura. In English, "sakura" refers to the Japanese flowering cherry, the fruit cherry comes from another type of tree.
* Japan gave 3,020 cherry blossom trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the friendship between the two nations. Those trees replaced an earlier gift of 2000 trees which had to be destroyed due to disease. The 3,020 trees were planted in Manhattan and on the shore of the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C.
* Cherry blossoms are thought to be an omen of good fortune and an emblem of love and affection.
* Cherry blossoms represents spring and are a metaphor for the fleeting nature of life, and are depicted as so in many works of art.
* Cherry blossoms are indigenous to many Asian countries including Japan, Korea, and China. Japan has a wide variety of cherry blossoms, over 200 varieties can be found there.
"In the cherry blossom's shade there's no such thing as a stranger."
Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!