“Ignorance is like a delicate fruit; touch it, and the bloom is gone.”
Hello! Today I am sharing the recipe for one of my favorite desserts. It his always a go to - especially in summer when you can make it with different types of fruit. It is not hard to make and the results are always impressive! Enjoy!
What is a Clafouti you ask?
1. fruit pastry: a fruit and batter pastry, typically made with cherries
[Late 20th century. < French < dialect clafir "to stuff" + standard French foutre "to stuff"]
Taken from Encarta® World English Dictionary[North American Edition]©
* 1 1/3 cups + 1 Tbsp sugar
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 cup egg substitute
* 1 1/2 cups skim milk
* 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
* 1 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon peel
* 2 pears, peeled, sliced, seeded
* 10 strawberries, stems removed, sliced
* 4 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
* 2 Mixing Bowls
* 8 - 6 ounce oven safe dishes
* Large baking sheet
1.) Preheat oven to 375°.
2.) Butter all 8 baking dishes and set aside.
3.) Combine sugar, flour, and baking powder in mixing bowl.
4.) Lightly beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, & grated peels in another bowl.
5.) Add egg mixture to sugar mixture & stir slightly to combine.
6.) Spoon pears and berries into the 8 buttered dishes.
7.) Pour batter over fruit, filling dishes about three-quarters full.
8.) Place dishes on baking sheet.
9.) Then, put baking sheet with dishes onto center rack of oven.
10.) Bake 30 to 35 min, until golden brown.
11.) Sprinkle with confectioners sugar while still warm.
Thought of the Day:
“Truth is a fruit which should not be plucked until it is ripe.”
Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!