Hello! I am so sorry to be MIA this week. The holiday orders have been pouring in and I have been swamped. (no complaints!) I just do not have the time to do EVERYTHING! Today I am blogging about a favorite city - Enjoy!
* Venice stretches across 117 small islands in the marshy Venetian Lagoon along the Adriatic Sea in northeast Italy.
* The saltwater Venetian Lagoon stretches along the shoreline between the mouths of the Po and the Piave Rivers.
* The city is connected with mainland Italy by a rail and highway bridge.
* Between the islands run about 150 canals, mostly very narrow, crossed by about 400 bridges.
* The Grand Canal, shaped like a reversed letter "S", is the main traffic artery; its main bridge is the Rialto.
* Gondolas, are the traditional means of transport, but sadly, they are being replaced by small river boats.
* Venice does have some public squares, and a few streets.
* Houses are built on piles to protect from flooding.
Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!