"There is nothing like soup. It is by nature eccentric: no two are ever alike, unless of course you get your soup in a can."
Hello! I hope you are well! In my neck of the woods it is COLD, so it is definitely time to start Souper Saturday again! Keep warm and Enjoy!
Chicken Rice Soup: Asian Style
* 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
* 32 oz + 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
* 1 1/2 cups Asian slaw (see below)
* 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes
* 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
* 2 Tbsp finely chopped lemon grass
* 1 cup jasmine rice (uncooked)
* 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
* 2 green onions, sliced
1.) Drizzle oil around sides of pot & tilt pot to distribute evenly.
2.) Heat oil on high, until oil faintly smokes.
(Caution: if oil smokes too much, pan is too hot)
3.) Add garlic, ginger, and chicken stock.
4.) Bring to boil.
5.) Reduce heat to medium.
6.) Add slaw, pepper flakes, chicken, lemon grass, rice, & cilantro.
7.) Simmer 10 min.
8.) Garnish with green onions.
* 1 cup Napa cabbage, sliced thin
* 1/4 cup celery, grated
* 1/4 cup carrot, grated
1.) Mix together and set aside to use for soup recipe.
2.) Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Thought of the Day:
"Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that's worth mentioning?"
Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!