8.09.2010

Mangia Monday!


Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I did and now back to the grind - does it ever end? I have a quick and easy recipe to share today. Sorry for the short post, my time is limited lately! Enjoy!


Zucchini & Corn Cakes
Servings: 12 cakes

Ingredients:

* 3 medium zucchini, cored, seeded, shredded (5 cups)
* 2 ears of corn, shucked, kernels removed (2 cups)
* 2 green onions, trimmed, minced
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
* 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 2 large Eggs
* 1/4 cup water
* vegetable oil

Equipment:

* Box grater

Directions:

1.) Blend zucchini, corn, onions, oregano, bisquick, salt, pepper, eggs, & water in large bowl until well-mixed.
2.) Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet on medium until oil faintly smokes.
3.) Drop 1/2 cup batter onto a skillet & spread to form 3" cakes with back of spoon.
4.) Cook about 3 min on first side, until golden-brown.
5.) Turn over and cook 2 minutes more.
6.) Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
7.) Add 1 Tbsp oil before each new batch of pancakes.
8.) Repeat step 3 until all batter is used.

Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!

5 comments:

Midnightcoiler said...

These look delicious.

Valerie said...

Looks yummy! I was wondering what I could do different with all that zuccini! Thanks so much

Momma J said...

Looks good!

PoetessWug said...

I love corn cakes, and zucchini...but I think I may need a little meat somewhere in there! :-)

ddb7 said...

a new recipe to pass on to the family!