3.11.2010

Temptation Thursday!

“Food is our common ground, a universal experience.”
-James Beard


Hello! Come on in and have a look around - today I have some wonderful things to tempt you with!


“Food is a central activity of mankind and one of the single most significant trademarks of a culture.”
-Mark Kurlansky



Gougeres from Williams-Sonoma are a staple in my home. I keep them in the freezer for when I need a quick appetizer.


"Food to a large extent is what holds a society together and eating is closely linked to deep spiritual experiences."
-Peter Farb and George Armelagos



(Better Than) San Francisco Style Sourdough from Zingerman's is a family favorite. I need to go defrost a loaf now.


"Food responds to our soul's dream as to our stomach's appetite."
-Joseph Delteil



I love scones, but don't always have the time to make them from scratch. King Arthur Flour carries wonderful scone mixes. My favorite: Cherry Almond.


"Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable."
-Ina Garten



Joke of the Day:

I thought you were trying to get into shape?
I am. The shape I've selected is a triangle.


Have a great day and remember: Go Ahead & Indulge!

No comments: