Thank You for stopping by - today I am sharing my FAVORITE cookie recipe!!
"I think my grandmother actually smelled like a cookie and that's enough to get any child's attention."
-Francis Lee Bailey
* 1 cup shortening
* 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp light sour cream
* 1 Tbsp lemon extract
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Grated zest of 1 lemon (finely grated)
* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2-3 Tbsp warm milk
* 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Beat together shortening and sugar in medium bowl until light.
2. Add eggs, sour cream, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl.
3. Combine flour and baking powder; add to mixture in bowl and beat just until moistened.
4. Shape dough into small balls (I use a small scoop).
5. Arrange about 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 min, until lightly browned. DO NOT over-bake. Remove from pans and cool.
1. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk in small bowl; whip lightly with spoon until smooth and slightly thick. Add the lemon juice and stir briskly until well-combined.
2. Dip tops of cookies into icing. Let set until icing is dry to the touch. Store in closed container.
"Broken cookies don't have calories"
Until Tomorrow: Go Ahead and Indulge!