Hello! I hope your weekend is going well! If you live in an area of the country/world affected by the cold, keep warm and be well! Today I have a recipe to warm your cockles!
Worries go down better with soup.
Chicken Rice Soup with Spinach
(adapted from Wegman's recipe)
* 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced crosswise (about 8 oz. each)
* 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
* 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
* 1 Pkg (10 oz) Fresh Spinach, stems removed, torn in bite-size pieces
* 1 Carton (32 oz) + 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
* 1 1/2 Cups diced tomatoes (canned will work)
* 3/4 Cup instant Rice
* 1/4 Cup grated pecorino romano cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 Loaf sliced Italian Bread
1. Heat oil in medium stockpot on medium-high.
2. Add chicken and lightly brown, stirring occasionally. (about 2 min)
3. Add onion and garlic to pot and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly browned.
4. Add spinach and cook, stirring until completely wilted.
5. Add broth and tomatoes, then cover.
6. Bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 10 min.
7. Stir in rice and remove from heat.
8. Let rest 5 min. (allowing rice to steep)
9. Stir in grated cheese.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Ladle into bowls and serve with Italian bread.
Recipe: A series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don't own, to make a dish the dog wouldn't eat.
Have a great day and until tomorrow: Go Ahead & Indulge!