7.27.2009

Mangia Monday!

Hello!

I have returned from vacation and now I need a vacation from my vacation!

The piles of laundry are calling me and I am trying to ignore it!

No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one.
-Elbert Hubbard

While I was in Cape Cod my eating habits left much to be desired:
Isn't that what vacations are for?

I am happy to say that I am eager to get back to my normal diet, however, I did enjoy all the seafood I ingested!

Too much work, and no vacation,
Deserves at least a small libation.
So hail!
My friends, and raise your glasses,
Work's the curse of the drinking classes.

-Oscar Wilde


One of my favorite restaurants on the Cape is:


Brewster Fish House

If you ever get a chance to visit, I highly recommend it!

Our dinner on Thursday night consisted of:


* Prosecco, Zonin Brut (1 glass each)

* Baby Arugula and Red Endive Salad:
Seasonal Figs, Toasted Almonds, White Balsamic, Blackberry-Honey Vinaigrette

* ’07 Sauvignon Blanc, Charles Krug – Napa Valley (bottle)

* Grilled Native Lobster:
Tarragon Gnocchi, Summer Pole Beans, Sea Beans, Lemon Verbena Butter (ME)

* Sautéed Chatham Cod and Littlenecks
Yukon Gold Potatoes, Chorizo, Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, Garlic Braised Spinach, Parsley Pistou (DH)

* Brown Sugar Cake:
Peach Confit, Sugared Pecans, Sour Cream Ice Cream, Peach Caramel

* Lavender Almond Milk Flan
Summer Berries, Almond Crumble


While I am on the Cape, I like to splurge and enjoy a cup of Lobster Bisque, at least twice!

Lobster bisque is my FAVORITE food.
However, it is very fattening, so I stay away from it when I am in NY.




I would share my recipe, but it is a FAMILY SECRET!!!!


Have a great day!

Ciao,

2 comments:

Liz said...

You just can't tease like that - lobster bisque is one of my favorites as well! ;)

SimaG Jewelry said...

Welcome back Nicole.. you are so right! we love to go on a vacation,we don't like(wait.. did i say WE?) lol...

let me fix it.


I don't like to unpack...clean..laundry ..lots of them..with a family of 6..thats way to much laundry.

we always need to relax somewhere...

so cheer to "vacation".

LOVE,
Sima