6.30.2009

Temptation Tuesday!!

Hello!

I have been very lax about posting lately - sorry!

Summer vacation is upon us and my days have become even busier! (is that possible?)

This past weekend was crazy:

*My son, Zachary, turned 7 on Friday!

*I made a 3 tier rehearsal dinner cake, for Friday night.

*My 25 year-old cousin, Anna Teresa was married on Saturday!

*Zachary chose to go to a cherry festival and cherry picking on Sunday as part of his birthday weekend!


I have so many pictures to share, but it would be impossible to post them all!

Therefore, at my son's insistence I am sharing pictures from the cherry festival and our wonderful lunch that followed!


The Cherry Festival was held at:

Cobblestone Farm Winery
5102 Route 89
Romulus, New York


Tasting Room

It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day - sunny and in the 80's!

We picked 10 Lbs. of cherries, the kids were able to run around, play games and take a hay ride!







We had a wonderful lunch at:

Dano's Heuriger on Seneca
9564 Route 414
Lodi, NY 14860


Front of Restaurant


Dano's is one of my favorite restaurants!


Though modeled on a centuries-old Viennese tradition, there's never been anything quite like Dano's Heuriger on Seneca, America's first heuriger (pronounced Hoy-rig-er). Dano's on Seneca combines the traditional Viennese Winery Restaurant concept with the region's award winning wines and the superb Viennese-inspired cooking of Dano's chef/co-owner Dano Hutnik and pastry chef/co-owner Karen Gilman.

The food is wonderful and the view is amazing!

The Heuriger overlooks Seneca Lake and they offer outside seating!

We were able to sit outside and eat while the boys ran around the large expanse of lawn to their hearts content!



Front of Dano's (herb/edible flower garden)


They have a special that I ALWAYS order!
I know - it seems boring, but it really is not!

Dano's calls it their: Viennese Bento Box

If you are familiar with Japanese food, then you know what a bento box is!

Well, Dano's has changed it up to suit their style!

You get a flavorful, melt-in-your mouth pork shank, a lean-yet tasty piece of knockwurst and several sides!

I happen to get braised red cabbage, spatzle, marinated cucumbers, viennese potatoes and liptauer spread!

As usual, I ordered a large basket of assorted bread and a trio of spreads for the table!

YUMMY-IN-MY-TUMMY!!!



Apple Strudel (my dessert)


Well, I hope you enjoyed this small portion of my weekend culinary adventures!

I hope you are tempted to create your own!


Ciao!

3 comments:

Art Whims by JS said...

That apple strudel looks delicious! And the pic is fabulous! Definitely one that I would hang in my kitchen!

H20works said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! LOVE fresh cherries! I made some wonderful jam from some we got at the Traverse City, MI Cherry festival we went to a couple of years ago. Mmmmmm....I may have to go open up a jar of that this morning....

~Kat~
H20works

lilysgoatsoap said...

Reminds me of the Sakuda (Cherry Blossom) Festival in Japan! Thanks for the memory reminders!

Cindee